I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. While we appreciate the sacrifices made by those who gave life and limb to preserve our freedom, let's not forget the non-stop assault the communist left is placing on those freedoms everyday.
I'm going to take you to an alternate reality for a few moments. Imagine how the following changes would positively impact our country, while simultaneously neutering the Left:
- Voting Rights - If you're on government assistance, you forfeit your right to vote until you're off it. This change would absolutely eviscerate the base of the Democrat Party. In fact, they'd never win another national election.
- Media Bias - Journalistic malpractice was punishable by significant fines or jail time. This would include the journalistic sin of omission as well as outright deceit. They single handedly elected Barrack Obama by employing the two aforementioned tactics on a continual basis. Holding them to account through the criminal justice system would force them to the center and insure disasters like Obama were less likely to happen.
- Tax Code - The current tax code was changed to the Fair Tax. More than anything else, this would re-start the economic engine of America. It would also take money out of the Washington politicians hands and put it into tax paying American's pockets.
- Immigrant Assimilation - English was recognized as the official language of the United States. Over the next five years, all non-english government Websites, signs, etc., would be taken down, forcing immigrants to assimilate or face a future with much less opportunity.
- Border Security - A fence would be completed along the Mexican border. Additional border patrol agents, cameras and drones would be used to patrol the border. Any one found entering the country illegally would be returned immediately to Mexico. After a few months of this, it will become apparent that it is a waste of time to even try.
- Term Limits - Six terms in the House and two terms in the Senate. This would be an absolute game changer. We'd be rid of the Pelosi's and Reid's that have made a career out of fleecing the American public. This change would impact both parties, but would have a far more detrimental impact on the Democrats than Republicans in my view.
This is by no means every change that I'd like to see occur, but those referenced would certainly make a big impact.